- Two Days (16 hours) Course
- Exam in becoming a SAFe® DevOps Practitioner (SDP) 5.1
- Training Materials + Interactive sessions
Introduction - SAFe® 5.1 DevOps Practitioner (SDP) Training
The two-day, interactive SAFe® DevOps course helps people across technical, non-technical, and leadership roles work together to optimize their value stream from end to end. Attendees will learn what DevOps is, why it is important to every role, and design a continuous delivery pipeline that is tailored to their business. Attendees work in cross-functional teams to map their current state value stream from concept to cash, identify major bottlenecks to flow, and build an actionable implementation plan that will accelerate the benefits of DevOps in their organization.
Attendees will leave with the knowledge they need to support and enable a successful DevOps initiative at scale. The course also prepares attendees for the SAFe® DevOps Practitioner (SDP) 5.0 certification exam.
After this course, you will understand how to:
- Explain how DevOps enables strategic business objectives
- Understand how successful DevOps requires continuous exploration, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and the ability to release to end users on demand
- Incorporate continuous testing and continuous security into the delivery pipeline
- Use value stream mapping to measure flow and identify bottlenecks in the end-to-end delivery process
- Select DevOps skills and tools strategically for the fastest, most compelling results
- Prioritize DevOps solutions and investments for greatest economic benefit
- Design and implement a multi-phased DevOps transformation plan tailored to their organization
- Work with all roles and levels in the organization to continually optimize the value stream
- The following individuals will benefit from this course: All members of an Agile Release Train and/or value stream
- Developers, Testers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and other Agile Team members.
- All are welcome to attend the course without prior DevOps or SAFe experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SDP certification exam.
- 5+ years experience in software development, QA testing, business analysis, product, engineering, infrastructure and Operations Managers.
Assessment and certification
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe®4 DevOps Practitioner (SDP). Attendees who pass the exam will receive: A SAFe 5 DevOps Practitioner certificate, one year certified membership as a SAFe DevOps Practitioner and a SAFe DevOps Practitioner branding kit with the SDP certification mark.
Professional Development Units (PDU's) and Scrum Education Units (SEU's)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through the Scrum Alliance.